Having a straight, beautiful smile is easier than ever. With all the different orthodontic options, our experienced dentists will make sure to bring your teeth to a perfectly aligned position, which will make you feel confident and happy to smile and show off your teeth. We offer traditional braces to all our clients, who feel comfortable with them. Orthodontic treatment may be necessary if you suffer from any of the following:
- Breathing or swallowing problems – Mouth breathing can lead to snoring and sleep apnea.
- Crossbite – One or more upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth (towards the tongue).
- Crowding – Involving extra teeth or improperly positioned teeth.
- Deep Overbite – The lower front teeth bite into the upper tissue behind the upper teeth.
- Disfiguring of the face & mouth – Affects the development of the jaw and position of the teeth.
- Missing or extra teeth – Due to tooth decay, injuries, or inherited problems.
- Overjet (protruding upper teeth) – Upper teeth that protrude beyond normal and are usually associated with a short lower jaw.
Learn more about orthodontic treatment.
Children, as well as adults, could benefit from braces in more than just the aesthetic aspect. Children, as young as 7 years old, can visit us at our Trenton dental office for an orthodontic consultation. Some of the reasons why you might need orthodontic treatment include:
- Creating room for crowded, erupting teeth.
- Creating facial symmetry through influencing jaw growth.
- Reducing the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth.
- Guiding permanent teeth into a more favorable position.
- Reducing the need for tooth removal.
- Reducing treatment time with braces.
- Correcting harmful oral habits.
- Improving appearance and self-esteem.
- Improving the way lips meet.
Dr. Bradley Oldfin, Certified Provider
At Brimley South Dental Centre, Dr. Bradley Oldfin offers The Myobrace®System, a preventive pre-orthodontic treatment that focuses on addressing the underlying causes of crooked teeth, often without the need for braces or extraction of teeth, unlocking natural growth and development. Treatment is best suited to children aged 3 to 15 and involves using a series of removable intra-oral appliances that are worn for 1-2 hours each day plus overnight while sleeping.
Orthodontic treatment Process
- Planning Phase: Your first couple of visits to Riverside Dental Centre will include a medical and dental history evaluation, and x-rays of the teeth and jaws among other diagnostic tools. After careful planning, we will apply braces that coincide with the treatment plan in effect for you.
- Active Phase: The active treatment phase involves visiting our Trenton dental office on a regular basis for adjustments and following specific treatment requirements to ensure successful results. A monthly appointment is usually required.
- Retention Phase: When treatment is completed, the braces and/or appliances are removed and a new appliance/retainer is made for you. Sometimes, retainers are removable and sometimes they are fixed by a wire cemented on the inside of your teeth.
Contact us now if you have any questions, to schedule your orthodontic consultation, or to book one for your child!
ALF Orthodontics is a paradigm shift in dentistry, orthodontics, and healthcare in general. Developed by Dr. Darick Nordstrom, The concept behind the ALF is that it gently expands the upper and lower jaw, but ever so slowly so that there is no ‘cracking open’ of the roof of the mouth like there is with heavy-duty appliances. It has been found that when using ever-so-gentle forces, the body responds better and the reaction is more long term. The ALF appliance delivers a safe, consistent 24/7 input that mirrors effective orthopedic, orthodontic, osteopathic, and neurosensory regulation. The benefits are clear: better airway, more tongue space which results in the opportunity to truly improve health and beauty from the inside out